Friday, January 1, 2016

Blessing- The Lord's Way

What a joy it is to live in the presence of the Lord. His presence and the way He works in our lives does make a lot of difference. I got up this morning like any other day. I had a few friends and well wishers who sent me New Year greetings. I answered them all a heart filled blessed year ...It was an usual day like any other...but there was a difference. I could feel the joy (from the Lord) in my heart. As I did my usual day to day chores, I could do it more joyfully. Speaking to a close cousin further enriched the joy. When somebody could tell you that they felt empty not talking to you for past two days what a joy...what more does one need? This love of Christ amidst His children is inexpressible...we don't need gifts, celebrations, money and vacation/trips to be happy...

As the day went by one more relative called to wish me and I hadn't even contacted them during the previous year. They reached out me to wish us New Year and I was amazed to see how the Lord used me to see their need and give them some direction that could help them to relieve from a health need. I felt a pressing desire to help them and wanted to go the extra mile to meet their need. This is not a monetary need but something done in a human way.

In this fast world when everybody is busy with their own life schedules, God brings us circumstances where we could be a blessing to others. Yes we all would have prayed for blessings for ourselves and our families. But beyond that God uses us to become a blessing for others. What more do we need than this joy of being a blessing to others.

Gen 12:2 (NIV)
“... I will bless you;... and you will be a blessing.

The starting day of the year has been a blessing to me... I hope the same has been to you as well, today and almost all the days of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment