Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Promise

When I sat this morning to write my devotion little did I realize that the Lord was already ready with His promise for me. Many of us planning to attend the New Year Eve's service will be full of hope and expectations, for it is a time that the Lord will grant them the promise that will sustain them through the coming year. When I read my promise for the year, one thing that dawned on my mind is that more than me the Lord was eagerly waiting to give His precious promise to me. We will understand the depth of this truth especially if we are a parent. More than the children the parent(s) generally eagerly wait to give their children their Christmas gift. They will try to be cautious to buy the gift without the child's knowledge or try to hide the gift where the child cannot find.

Our heavenly Father's heart is similar to this. In fact more than that of an earthly parent. Our heavenly Father will be more eager to give his promise to us. One may wonder what's in a promise. His promise is not just a mere promise. It is His word. And we all know that the heaven and earth may pass but His word will never fail. His word for His children is precious because He has given it to us.

I have got mine for this year and I am sure each one of His children will receive theirs too. One thing to remember here is, before we go into His presence with an expectation to receive it He is eagerly waiting to give one to us; and He knows exactly the one we need.

I am holding His promise for me...

Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 NIV
This is what the Lord says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

and I wish that the promise you receive meet your heart's longing...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment