Tuesday, January 11, 2011

God-given faith

Many believers think that if they take a promise and claim it without giving up, things will work for them. We cannot just take a promise and claim it for ourselves. Faith is a gift as the word of God says (Eph 2:8). It is not an abstract concept. We cannot create or develop faith unless it has been given.

For any given situation, the Lord has to give faith to us to act upon. The Spirit of God at the same time will appropriate it with a scripture by bringing it to our mind. Only then we will be able to claim it and continue with it until faith becomes sight. Otherwise people land up working hard (by putting in efforts) to make their faith work, especially when faith is developed.

There is a big difference between faith given and faith developed. A faith that is developed is from the self whereas a faith which is given is from the Spirit. And the Message translation explains this precisely,

Eph 2:8 (Message)
All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role.

When faith is given, we don't require to struggle to make things happen, for God works it in His way. And we don't have to try hard to hold faith for faith will uphold us...

Prayer: Dear Lord,
May you give me faith for any situation in my life so that I do exactly what you want me to. Even the promise I claim should be appropriated by the faith you give me for any life's aspect. I don't want to struggle to develop faith. But let the faith you give hold me up, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment