Saturday, March 6, 2010

Speaking faith

Most of the time the problem with us in believing God's Word is because we do not take it for ourselves. Because at times we say, "I don't think that scripture is for me or talks about me, because I don't feel it." The problem with us is, we depend on feelings to base our faith. We don't feel it and hence find it difficult to believe. That is the reason, most of the time when we read God's promises declaring great things, we find it difficult to take that for ourself because we don't feel it is for us.

But faith is different. It does not depend on feelings or circumstances, but it purely depends on God's Word alone. Faith is believing that 'every word of God is for me and I accept it for me'. We got to live our life based on that kind of faith, whether we feel it for us or not. When God says He forgives, heals, delivers, prospers, uplifts and expand our territories, it is for us, each redeemed child of His. It is all true because he has said it. But it will come to pass when we believe it and take it for ourselves.

So let us henceforth say like Apostle Paul,

2 Corinthians 4:13 (NIV)
It is written: "I believed therefore I have spoken." With that same Spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment