Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Growth by yielding

Another kind of maturity that has to be there among God's children is accepting the will of God in their lives. Sometimes we don't accept God's will that easily...we fight and try all our efforts to make God comply to our will. Then after realizing that it is not the right thing to have done, do we give up resentfully. But giving up resentfully is not the right attitude either...for we have failed to understand God and trust His love for us.

Only when we learn to yield to God, believing whatever He approves or permits is good for us, will we be able to understand Him and appreciate His will in our lives. For this we need to ask the Lord to make us captive to Him always.

2 Tim 2:26 (NASB)

...having been held captive by him to do his will.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this Devotional...

    Many a times people growing in the Lord wonder how to know the will of the God - like - how is God gonna speak to me and let me know His will... would it be through His word or would he speak to me in my Quiet time conversation etc etc...

    If this topic is not planned yet in the devotionals to come - could you consider this...

    Thanks

    josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh. I shall surely pray and think about it. If the Lord inspires me to write on a series about listening to God then I shall surely get started with it.

    ReplyDelete