Wednesday, August 12, 2009

His Will - Really Good...

Surrending fully to the Lord is a problem to many. Because fully surrendering to God is like, there is no wish and will of our own. Many of us while praying to God may tell the Lord, "Thy will be done", though inwardly we may be saying "It better be what I am asking for".

For many years I have lived like this. Even the smallest matter which I ask for, I will say, "Lord thy will be done". But inwardly I will hope for something that I desire to be answered. Because I believed that God would give me something that I may not like.

When I got saved several years back I wanted to serve God in the area of counseling. I assumed that to be God's will and I prayed about it earnestly. Though I had a few oppurtunities to carry out my vision, it didn't turn out to be full time as I desired. I always feared that if I give over to my desire and vision to God, He may ask me to do something else which I may not like. Finally when I realised that I cannot proceed in the area of counseling full time, I surrendered myself to God wholly.

A few years back, the Lord slowly ignited the talent of writing in me which was there right from the time of salvation. The Lord helped me grow in that talent and get shaped. The Lord placed this in my heart as my calling which He confirmed through Jer 1:9. I believe it and love what I do. The Lord did not lead me into something which I didn't like. But He inspired me to do something that I loved to do. Now I can say wholeheartedly that I love more to write than to counsel people.
The will of God is always good, pleasing and perfect (Rom 12:2) if only we could taste and see it...

Romans 12:2 (New International Version)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 comments:

  1. Renewing our mind... could also be aligning our thoughts!!! If yes then this again will require God's intervention and our complete surrendering... to Him.

    Nice one again Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...
    As u have mentioned here, God's will is good and pleasing and perfect...
    Let's always pray that His will, and not ours, be fulfilled in our lives.
    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete