Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazing Future

Psalms 139:16 (NIV)

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

What a wonderful thing it is for me to know that all the days of my life is written in my Lord's book. Should I worry about what my future will be? Or what will I be doing in the next five years? Whom will I be getting married to? Will be achieving this or that?

How many questions each of us will have when it comes to our future? So many desires, plans and ambitions. But the beauty is that our Lord knows it all and He has everything written in His book. We cannot ask Him to show us everything like that of knowing from the stars or reading of the hand.

Our Lord shows it beautifully as we faithfully walk with Him holding His hand like that of a father and a child. He only shows us step by step as it comes to pass, so that we may relish it joyfully. Let us not hurry to know everything but walk faithfully as we trust in Him for He says,

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Those who trust Him and rely on Him can be rest assured that their future is truly amazing...

2 comments:

  1. Nice Rads...
    Soothing words for an aching heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to know that My Lord God My Creator knows all of me and all of me to come in the future, is so comforting.

    Thankyou Jesus for what i am and Thankyou again for what you are going to make of me.

    In you i surrender and walk in faith.

    Amen to this very comforting devotional, Irene.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete