Tuesday, August 5, 2014

'I am Right' Syndrome


Though we are all believers in Christ we are people of diversity. Diversity in faith comes from our independent personalities, culture, family philosophy and attributes and different theological beliefs. We are all aware that there are different denominations in Christianity and each individual's perspective is different based on their theological understanding and belief.

Irrespective of the fact which theological belief we may follow, we all subconsciously function with "I am Right" attitude. This mentality is not only with respect to believers but is also prevalent among unbelievers. I always used to ponder that instead of pushing my thoughts and beliefs onto others can't I practice my faith with simplicity and humility. Can I not function as God's child without "I am Right" syndrome?

I really don't want to convince someone regarding my faith. I don't even desire to influence someone to buy into my preaching. Then one may wonder how exactly am I preaching the gospel. I really don't need to by creating opportunities...However, if I am truly a child of God in His eyes and if the practicing of my faith is self-explanatory and if somebody approaches me and probes me with questions with regard to my faith then I am sure to talk to them about it.

Personally, I believe that if my life fails to portray my faith and then I am seldom practicing it. I don't need to be perfect...but I need to be honest and sincere...is all what I need to practice my faith. I really don't need to have head counts of people to whom I have actively preached the gospel.

My philosophy of faith in Jesus is simple...

Micah 6:8 (NIV)

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God.

This should be of enough evidence to portray my faith. Besides, my life incidents or what we call testimonies should carry enough weight to serve as evidence that Jesus is indeed alive and working in my life because of His grace and not because of something I deserved to earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment