Sunday, October 9, 2011

Waiting with Joy

Many dislike the idea of waiting (myself included). We get so irritated when waiting for small things. We still don't like the idea of waiting for major life things such as a job, marriage, new business to accelerate, etc.

Waiting on the Lord to give us a breakthrough in life's major aspect is tough. For years, right from the time I came into the Lord, I have a had a burning desire to serve Him and took a step of faith in every opened door. However, I saw that none of them endured or say persisted on a long run leaving me wondering if I had mistaken His will for me...

Waiting on the Lord for years left my soul wearied and I willfully forgot all His promises or call which I believed was mine. Recently, during this year the Lord renewed my passion to serve Him by reminding me of His promises, at the same time the Lord helped me learn a wonderful life lesson which I am in the process of learning now. All these years, as I waited on the Lord, the waiting was not a joyful experience. I waited on the Lord with faith, but when nothing happened especially when I my thoughts and ideas didn't not work out as I expected I was disappointed and hence waited with regret.

I learnt that when we wait with joy, no matter whether things work out or not, I know that He is working out His best in me and will do His best through me (and for me). I don't need to strive hard for Him to use me or meet my need. I just need to be available, be sensitive to Him and yield. I understood that His desire to use me surpasses my desire to serve Him. I have no regrets waiting for Him. I have learnt to wait for Him with joy...Amen.

Isaiah 30:18 The Message (MSG)
But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you.
He's gathering strength to show mercy to you.
God takes the time to do everything right—everything.
Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment