Monday, October 10, 2011

My Rock, My strength

I like the statement of the Welsh preacher who says "There are many occasions when I tremble as I stand upon the Rock, but there are never any occasions when the Rock trembles under me" (EDWJ). What an encouragement this is to each of us. When we stand on our Rock Jesus, we may go through life situations which makes us tremble or overwhelm us. But to know that the Rock on which we stand is firm and will never tremble (though we may) is a blessed assurance to our souls.

May we find courage in the midst of our trembling and say like the Psalmist did in 
Psalm 28:8 (KJV)
The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, to know that I stand on you, my Rock and that I will not fall is a great strength to my soul. May you uphold me as I trust in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment