Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The secret of rejoicing

Philippians 4:4 (New International Version)
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

When I used to read this scripture during the beginning years of my life in Christ, I used to wonder how to be joyful amidst times of disappointments, failures and sadness. I reasoned that this was highly impossible what Apostle Paul was exhorting the believers to do. At a later stage, when I learnt that Apostle Paul was in a dungeon like jail, when he wrote this statement in his letter to the Church of Philippians, I was amazed. I used to wonder about the secret of the Apostle to be able to rejoice in a situation such as his. Over the years I quit analyzing unable to comprehend the intensity of this truth.

Lately, it began to slowly dawn on me the secret behind the truth. As long as our focus is on the Lord, His presence and His sovereign rule in our lives, we will be able to rejoice at all times no matter the situation. Having a deep realization about the Lord's love for us and trusting His ways to deal with our life issues, will help us remain composed and joyful.

I am still in the process of learning this little secret. I hope you too will be able to grasp this by His grace. And hats off to those who are already living by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment