Monday, March 1, 2010

He died for me?!

As God's children, we need to understand or have a grasp of God's love, in order for our faith to be directed in right dimension. Faith is not just having a positive outlook. It is having a real understanding of God's nature... His love for us; what He is done for us and is willing to do for us. This we will know when we experience Him more in our lives. God Himself will reveal to us through His Word, by His intervention in our lives and through His remarkable ways... as the Spirit of God will open our eyes to see even in simple aspects of life.

The first and the foremost knowledge of God's love can be realized when we get a grasp of
who we are and who God is...

Rom 5:8 (NIV)
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Only when we realize how much a fallen people we are and how it was possible for a loving and a Holy God (Jesus) to die on the Cross on our behalf, will we be able to comprehend His love for us.

May the Lord open our eyes to know Him more and understand His wonderful nature...

Prayer:

What was I in your eyes oh God, that you chose me? What am I but a sinner that you shed your precious and holy blood for me? What did I do to gain your love? Nothing. Oh nothing is good in me. But that is what you are- full of love...that you even did not think twice to die for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment