Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Clear conscience

The other day I read in a man's T-shirt a statement like this: Nobody is perfect and I am nobody. Though it gives a slight laugh, the world is happy to become a "nobody perfect" and at times the world even accepts and appreciates sin.

But we as God's children do our best to live a life right before God. Though we do not become perfect, we strive our best to keep a good conscience before the Lord. As Apostle Paul said,

Acts 24:16 (NIV)
So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Yes, this is our goal, for we cannot abide with the Lord without a clear conscience. And clear conscience does not allow us to be somebody which we are not...

Prayer:
Lord, I pray that you will help me to have my conscience clear before you. So that what I show and exhibit myself to others and to you is something I really am...I do not want to pretend to be someone who I am inwardly not. For you are happy with transparency rather than hypocrisy. In your precious name Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment