Saturday, January 30, 2010

What am I boasting about?

We would have come across many people in our lives who boast about their intelligence, success, riches and accomplishments, as if they had acquired them purely on their own. All these boastings are in vain. Though people can achieve all of these in this world, they will not be able to save their own souls...We can save our soul only by accepting the grace from God which He freely gives through Jesus Christ. People may not realize the value of being saved today, but at end times surely they will know.

But we as God's children have a different kind of boasting. We boast that we have been saved by His (Jesus') grace and that we know Him. That is why the Lord says in Jer 9:23, 24 (NIV)
(v.23) This is what the Lord says,
"Let not the wise man boast of His wisdom
or the strong man boast of His strength
or the rich man boast of His riches,
(v.24) but let Him who boasts boast about this:
that He understands and knows me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight",
declares the Lord.

Riches, intelligence, success and popularity cannot take us to heaven, but accepting the Son of God (Jesus) and living by Him and for Him can.

Are we able to boast today saying that our life and future is secure in the hands of the living God? Are we able to boast that we know Him (Jesus) who died and rose again for us ...And who is coming again?

If our answer is no, then our life is at risk...Let us think about this once again.

If you want your soul to be saved for eternity and a life here on earth filled with God's peace and blessings say this prayer in your heart.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. But you died for me on the cross paying the penalty for my sins. Please come into my life and wash away my sins. I give my heart and life into your hands. Take my hand precious Lord and guide me all my life. Thank you for loving me. I love you too. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment