Thursday, September 17, 2009

Over Praises?

Praises and appreciation are good things when done honestly. But when overdone can turn out into flattery. As God's children we should avoid flattery to get our work done through someone or even to impress somebody. These forms of communication are something that God will not be pleased with...

If we look into the Bible, flattery is a form of communication that describes cunning and crooked people. Everywhere in God's Word, flattery is attributed to people who are deceivers including the devil (Dan 11:32)

Look what Job says,

Job 32:21-22 (New International Version)

I will show partiality to no one, nor will I flatter any man;
for if I were skilled in flattery, my Maker would soon take me away.

Flattery is such a destation to the Lord that He will destroy the flatterer. So let us avoid it and not use flattery to obtain ends through meanest means...

No comments:

Post a Comment