Monday, August 10, 2009

Rating Self...

When we look at the fruit of the Spirit the general idea which we get is, 'Hey, these are some qualities I already possess'. But when looked closely and honestly especially in contrast to the fruit of the Spirit, we will be able to see most of our carnal nature.

Galatians 5:18-21 (New American Standard Bible)
(v.18)But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
(v.19)Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
(v.20)idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
(v.21)envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Though we may not see all of these in us, sometimes we may see some of them like jealousy, outbursts of anger, bitterness, hatred, usage of bad words, being rude etc. To get rid of all these unholy stuff , we need some replacement of God's Spirit such as self control, patience, gentleness etc. And when we can recognize those attributes in us which needs to be replaced, we can repent and work with the Lord's Spirit for complete restoration. And this is possible for sure. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Very correct.
    Infact it's my daily prayer to God to pin-point to me any unholy qualities that are still abiding in me. And with the grace and strength of the Spirit of God, I believe I can overcome all of them!
    AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Same here. I want to live a life that will please God. Everday I pray " Lord help me know you more, love you better and live a life pleasing you through my being, living and doing"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWJD

    What would Jesus do?... in this situation.

    Always we need to question ourselves if we would do what Jesus would have done in a situation. Seek God's advice and then proceed...

    ReplyDelete