Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fear?

Fear is said to be a sin. And is said to be opposite of faith. Yet as God's children we all go through some sort of fear and anxiety especially of uncertainty. Easily said then done, fear is one entity which can be easily warded off or avoided. It can grip our souls to that extent that it can freeze us during the time of its existence.

For those who trust in Jesus, fear is one aspect which the Lord is ready to remove and instead fill our hearts with strength and courage.

Look what the Lord's promise is...

Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Even God knows the way fear can inflict our hearts and minds and thus He gives us this promise.
This should provide strength to our hearts for the One who said it is sure to do it.

6 comments:

  1. I liked reading this...fear of the unknown can drive one to very weird lengths...with a promise from God, it is easier to go on...Thanks for that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Rads.
    Here, I would like to mention about another meaning of fear, which is necessary in our lives as believers. It's the fear of God which comes out as a result of reverence for God.
    As bible says, "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".
    God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm what an intepretation... Greatly appreciate this piece of writing. Praise the Lord for this insperation to you.

    I have never seen fear as opposite of faith and this is really going to help me a lot when i turn on my faith to wade away fear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear one in the Lord,

    The fear of the Lord as you said is a holy reverence to God and does not refer to the ordinary fear. Reverential fear is more out of love and respect for God and comes towards God's holiness, hope the readers get a clear idea about context in which fear is referred here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The context in which fear is referred to in this devotional is clearly understood Rads. Since I was reading about fear of God in my daily devotionals recently, the thought just came across and I just wanted to share it with all. Guess it's the wrong place to have written about it as it may confuse the readers reading the devotional as well as the comments.
    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete