Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is it possible?

Have you ever wondered whether it would be possible for you to be and do everything that the Bible asks us to? I have come across many Christians who perceived that it was not fully possible to follow the Lord's commands or the Bible. It is the lie of the devil and many folks believe it. In one way it is true if we try to follow the Bible by our own strength. Jesus knew this fact and also God knew it. That's the reason why Jesus told us that He will give us another helper, the Holy Spirit to be and live all that God desires us to be. Even the heavenly Father confirms that in Ezk 36:27 where God says "And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."(NIV)

So next time if you feel discouraged or feel guilty of not able to truly follow Jesus , remember who is with you and do not give in to the lie of the devil. Let's rely on God's Holy Spirit and He shall safely take us through in this life's journey...

John 14: 15-17 (NIV)

(v.15)"If you love me, you will obey what I command. (v.16) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— (v.17) the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

1 comment:

  1. A much needed write up, as many people do not seem to give importance to the Holy Spirit of God.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete