Friday, June 19, 2009

Spiritual Discipline

Quiet time or the time with God is a spiritual discipline. It does not come that easy for it needs hard practice until it becomes a habit without which we cannot let the day go. For years I have been trying to manage my quiet time with the Lord. I always wanted to have one meaningful hour with the Lord without any disturbances, but seldom failed to have it consistently. Many recommend that best time for quiet time is the early morning hours before you start your day which no doubt is true. But I couldnt really achieve that in spite of my unsuccessful considerable efforts. I started having a peaceful time with God during the middle of the day with no hurried tasks ahead or unfinished businesses. I really found that a time when I could give God all of me was the best time for prayer. But making prayer a discipiline and keeping our fervor for Him is truly in our hands.

"Better is one day in your courts (presence) than a thousand elsewhere" (Psalms 84:10a)

No comments:

Post a Comment