Thursday, April 8, 2021

All Things? I want to dare say 'Yes'...

 

Romans 8:28 (NASB)

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
When I read this scripture this morning, I was running it in my mind over and over again. I was wanting to say, "Lord! for how long...". I didn't know how to respond to this scripture or even believe it. But I felt helpless as if I had no other option but to take it... 
I have read this scripture several times in my life. Many times it has spoken to my situation and many a time, I have honestly felt disheartened reading it as I felt that my trials are never-ending for me. Like a plaintiff who argues his case in the court of law, I have many a time presented my case to God asking for justice and fairness. Though I wouldn't have received immediate answers from Him, I would be reminded of one specific scripture which stands as the foundation of my faith....
Psalm 89:14 (NASB)
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Lovingkindness and truth go before You.
 Faith is not based on feelings or even on a situation. Faith is based on the unwavering Word of God. Sometimes, our situations and feelings may corner us to the extent that we want to give up and quit believing Him. But no we can't, for we realize that He is the one who is holding us and we not holding onto Him.
Irrespective of the fact that my case remains pending in His court, I just dare to believe that all things work for my good...not because that I am good, but the One who called me is good and faithful. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment