Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Two Side of a Coin

Its a while since I wrote a post on building relationship with others. Perhaps God wanted me to have a rich experience of both positive and negative sides of relationships before I pen down a post on relationships. This month perhaps from the end of January God has been taking me through varied experiences with respect to relationships. I got to experience that people got to acknowledged the love we showed them, are able to respond back with same kind of love and do their best in terms of expression of love like hospitality, love, care and genuine concern.

I had been blessed to be united to my husband's side cousins whom we had not met for many years. The richness of positive experience stays with us afresh every time my husband and I think and talk about our trip to his native place. Even before that the Lord had blessed me to get connected with my husband's cousin last November (who is more like a friend to me as we have similar kind of attitude and characteristics).

On the other hand, there has also been my share of negative experiences with people when I tried to be my original self; when I stood for what I believed to be right in doing good for others; when I tried to forget the past (being blamed for others' choice) and build relationships afresh...

What God made me realize from these two experiences is that...life is like the two face of a coin...you have both the head and the tail. So relationships that we may try to build selflessly with no secret agenda or wrong motive can still afford to produce both positive and negative results. Its up to us how we take it...

While I tried to take the negative strike on a lighter note, I was reminded of one scripture that helped my mind to be put at ease

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NASB)

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [a]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment