Monday, December 28, 2015

Holding God's Promise with Peace


Yesterday, we were talking about holding the peace of God while waiting for Him to answer our prayers. Aw! I know the pain of waiting...it's not easy to wait. Sometimes I have left with no option but wait. No amount of wailing, complaining, arguing, bargaining, being angry with God works. I have gone through times when the doors of the heavens seem closed. After struggling inwardly for a very long time, I decided to give up...You might say that giving up is not an ideal option for children of God. I did give up but not in dejection or depression... I gave it over into God's hand.

Giving up into God's hand is emptying oneself completely to the will of God. I prayed, " Lord, anything that I ask for in my life, may you grant it if it is your will". Once I did that I automatically was filled with peace. His peace that surpasseth all understanding. I had never experienced this until recently. After I experienced His peace the inward striving ceased. Even as I continue to pray for my need I am inwardly assured that my prayer will be answered as per His will and time. I have no need to get dejected or disappointed. This assurance of God is unexplainable.

As long as what we pray for is in line with His will, there is no need to strive. As long as we don't dictate God to work things according to our expectations, we will hold the peace He gives. As long as we trust His ways, there is no need for doubt.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

No comments:

Post a Comment