Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I want to Know Him

Many children of God are preoccupied with the thought of doing ministry as the primary focus of life. Besides, doing worship and praise and attending regular church service and prayer meetings, Christ followers are primarily doers. Each believer in Christ may hold on to their own perceptions and may regard that as right. I am not here to judge who is right or who is wrong. But I personally am more convinced that being Christ-like is more of a priority than active service.

However, I was keen to look into the life of Apostle Paul who was the best minister for Christ and surprisingly Apostle Paul says, "I want to know Christ..."(Philippians 3:10- NIV) which was more of a chief priority for him. Reading this portion of the scripture I was convinced that knowing Jesus is the top priority of life and the more I know Him, the more I will be able to learn to change my attitudes, perceptions and way of thinking accordingly. Besides, only by knowing the Lord closely and personally will I be able to see my life through Him...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment