Monday, December 19, 2011

His Love...

This morning as I sat to read the devotion, the scripture that was for today was from Jeremiah 31:3 - "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love". As I read this scripture, it really didn't stir my feelings. However, I went ahead to read the devotion. At the end of it as I closed my eyes to focus my attention on the Lord, I felt the very presence of the Lord, the embrace of my heavenly Father. I suddenly was overwhelmed.

The very longing to be loved and feel belonged is a longing that exists in every soul. I have a loving husband and  a daughter who love me a lot. My parents, sister and my all other members of my family love me dearly. I have no lack of being loved. Yet to be loved by the very God who created us is awesome.

We are designed in such a way that nothing could really fulfill our souls except by the love of Jesus. I realized that this morning when I felt the loving embrace of my heavenly Father. The Lord loves each one of us with an everlasting love and to feel that love and embrace is like that of a little child in the arms of her mother- secure, belonged, loved and accepted. Wow! This is the love of Christ...And I know that nobody in this world can give this love. We cannot buy this love, we only need to run to Him to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment