Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Unmerited Suffering

A man once said, "Why should I be cheated of my money when I am doing the right thing in the sight of God? As a child of God shouldn't I be getting for what I worked for? When I am being right, why am I wronged?"

This is agony of the soul for being right yet suffering loss. This is bad and it shouldn't be happening. Why should God allow such things to happen for His child who trusts Him wholly? Questions such as these linger in the hearts and minds of men and women of God who choose to follow His will. The question is very perplexing to the soul trying to understand the reason for an unmerited suffering.

However, the Bible has an answer. Unmerited suffering is a part of Christian life. Unless we change our notion that 'by being right we will not endure hardships and will be overflowing with blessings', we will find our souls go through a merry-go-round.

1 Peter 3:17 (NASB)
For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.

The Bible is very clear on this. If it is God's will, we should be ready to suffer for being right rather than suffer by doing wrong. Going through an unmerited suffering by being right before God is much more glorious than being wrong before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment