Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Knowing Him - 8

Rev. Selwyn Hughes state that the greatest need for the Church of the present time is to have a 'fresh vision of God' rather than any other spiritual need. It is not about evangelism, not about Church growth, not about effective prayer, etc...but simply a fresh revelation of the Lord Himself. And he emphasizes that is about knowing Him rather than knowing about Him.

When Isaiah had a vision of God, he saw the Lord sitting on the throne, lofty and exalted, signifying the Lord's holiness, sovereignty, power and majesty.

Isaiah 6:1 (New American Standard Bible)
In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.

This vision of God gave Isaiah a new perspective about himself.

Isaiah 6:5 (New American Standard Bible)
Then I said,
"Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

A true vision of God will enable us to see as we really are and humble us before the almighty God, who we sometimes as believers take very lightly.

May the Lord open our eyes and heart as we seek Him and help us to know Him as He is which will enable us to live right before Him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment