Tuesday, September 28, 2010

By looking at Him

The lessons and things we learn from our time with Christ is always towards maturity and Christ-likeness. I have heard many of them say that God has told them to do this and that and stuff like that. I am no one to judge them, yet many times I have found it hard to believe some of them. For years, the time I spent with God has been learnings to shape me more like Him. I know I have failed Him many times, yet in His love, He has never given up on me. It is so very true to experience that the Love of Christ changes us and our heart to yield to Him more...

One cannot ignore Him, His teachings or His transformations, especially those who have tasted of His love. And because we want to respond to His love, we desire to be all that He wants us to be, do all that He wants us to, live the way He wants us to...However challenging it may be...

I have many times been discouraged by the challenges I faced by being Christ-like. I have seen the results for being Christ-like not rewarded in earthly terms. For instance acts of kindness, sacrifices and unconditional love many times not acknowledged or unthankful. Yet among all these challenges, when I see the One who lived unchanged even among the fiercest challenge, I don't want to loose focus on my desire to be like Him.

For me it is in Him I want to live and move and exist (Acts 17:28)

And this is my goal and destiny...

Galatians 2:20 (New American Standard Bible)
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

And for me to live thus, I get my strength from the Word below...

Hebrews 12:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)

3.For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 4.You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;

No comments:

Post a Comment