Monday, August 23, 2010

Being Revived

In the midst of multitudes,
With joys of reunion and times of happiness,
I was so busy that I didn't make time for you Lord.
My soul missed something,
I knew it was your presence,
Yet I compromised it for others.
My heart felt it was not right thing to do,
But my mind said, I can defer a little,
Yet my soul was slowly dying.

With days passing, I didn't really feel the prompting,
My heart had settled with complacency,
My mind said it was okay.
One fine day I bumped into an unusual trouble,
And realized that I had left the door open,
For the devil to come in.
The presence of the Lord had left,
And the thief had quietly sneaked in,
Alas I realized my folly.

I repented and went back to God,
For taking His grace and presence for granted,
And I cried my heart out.
Suddenly I felt His compassion and presence,
Readily accepting me in His arm,
Where at once I was revived.

Oh! for His goodness and grace,
How could people or pleasures fill His place?
None can fulfill which His sweet presence can give.
It is in Him, we can stand secure,
And our heart can be satisfied with gladness,
In Him alone.

Oh! that you would revive me again,
And keep me in you forever,
Not to falter from your presence or leave behind your grace.

Psalm 119:88 (New American Standard Bible)
Revive me according to Your lovingkindness,
So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment