Thursday, July 1, 2010

Understanding from my redemption

We will not completely appreciate God's plan and purposes for our life if we don't really know the depth of God's adoption of us into His family as His children. If we have a very insignificant view about our redemption, then we will live our Christian life with regrets, long-suffering and gloom rather than joy, hope and gratitude.

How are we to know the full value of our redemption, our selection into God's family? We need not search the whole Bible, but just understand depth of the following scripture...

1 Peter 1:18-19 (New International Version)

18.For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19.but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

If God could go to the extent to shedding His most precious and imperishable blood to redeem a sinner like me, what more do I need as a prove about His passionate love for me? How can I afford to think of He giving me anything less or doubt His dealings in my life?...

1 comment: