Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Confessing what we believe

There was once a man who lost his job and walked on the streets not knowing what to do. He had applied in many of the companies he knew and was waiting for some job to come through. As he walked he remembered the Word of God in Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)

because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

The man kept consoling his anxious heart by repeating the same verse. It didn't seem to have any effect on him. Finally he stood at the bus stop and prayed, "Lord, I know that by just repeating this scripture is not going to work like a magic for me. I believe this word, because it is something you have spoken. And you have spoken to me. Even in this situation you are with me and you will not forsake me. You will give me a job so that I can provide for my family and be happy". Saying so he boarded a bus, though he didn't know where exactly to go.

A passenger seated next to him on the bus casually chatted with me and asked what he was doing. When the man said he was looking for a job, the passenger offered the man his card and asked the man to meet him at his office the next day...The man went to meet his bus acquaintance the next morning and got a job in his company.

Saying bible verses as a norm will not work things for us like a magic. But true confession of what we believe as per God's Word is what is real faith is and God is always moved by such faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment