Thursday, July 29, 2010

Christ to me...

Facing life's challenges and disappointments time and again, we may feel emotionally weak and may not have the energy to try again. We will feel that we have come back to square one, where everything looks like we need to start all over again. Competition and challenges at work and life may look too big for us many a time. Though we know inwardly that we are God's children and God is on our side to help us, the current pressures of life may seem too much to bear.

While facing such challenges in life, I read a scripture (from the Bible) during my daily devotion, which not only gave me an inner strength (not an emotional lift) but also a strong determination to persevere...

1 Corinthians 1:24 (New International Version)

but to those whom God has called... Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

When Christ is for me the power of God and the wisdom of God, then surely there is no challenge or pressure in life which I cannot face through Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment