Saturday, April 17, 2010

Potter and the clay

Many times we pray to God saying, "You are the potter, I am the clay. Make me and mold me. This is what I pray". But when trials or hardships come, we cry out, "Why my dear Lord should I go through all this?" And we may hear a gentle voice within our hearts which say, "Child, you just asked me of it". When we face trials, heart aches or some kind of wearing down situations, we feel that if only God had willed, He could have withheld these from us. But we forget that the potter is at His work. He is molding and making the clay so that He can bring the desired shape i.e His desired qualities built in us.

Whatever God allows it is to accomplish something. And when we go through such trials we may feel that God is indifferent to us . But He is not. As He works He remembers what it feels to be in that situation or phase. And when God's Word says He remembers, He also knows of the way to bring us to the paths of glory...

Psalm 136:23 (New International Version)

to the One who remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.

Psalm 73:24 (New Living Translation)

You guide me with your counsel,
leading me to a glorious destiny.

1 comment: