Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am willing...

However hard it may appear, we need to forgive the hurts that people would have caused us. We we need to do so, because the Word of God asks us to.

Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you.

But we may say, "It is so difficult to forgive, for that person has hurt me 'n' number of times". True, it is a very difficult task to forgive someone, who hurt us time and again. Rev. Selwyn Hughes says, we will able to forgive someone, only when we realize how much we have been forgiven. If we have tasted the forgiveness from the Lord, then it is not a difficult task to forgive someone.

So, if we are holding some kind of anger, resentment, bitterness or venegence in our heart, let us forgive the one who hurt us, by asking the Lord to give us the grace to forgive.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I will not be able to forgive on my own, but with your help it is possible. Give me the Spirit of forgiveness just as yours, for you forgave me many times when I failed you. In your precious name I ask Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment