Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God's Children

We all have an identity. We know who we are. And for most us our identity gives us a sense of pride and dignity. If I were to ask you, what is your identity which you are proud of, what would your answer be? That of your profession? That derived of your riches or fame? It could be anything...

But if you were to ask me, my pride and dignity comes from the fact that I am a child of God... Child of the Most High who created the heavens and the earth and everything in it. I pride that I know Christ, rather I am known by Him and that I am tagged by His name. Wow! This is my privilege and blessing.

Do you also have an identity such as mine? If you do, then for sure, you are a blessed person as I am and unique in your identity. And this identity is one, which is a greater honor than any honor or award than you can imagine of, in this world.

1 John 3:1 (NIV)

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called Children of God! And that is what we are!

If you feel that you do not have this identity yet, you sure can have it now. All that you need to do is this...

John 1:12 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him (Jesus), to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

1 comment:

  1. I take pride in the fact that my identity is in the Lord Jesus Christ who was nailed on the cross, buried and has risen and who lives forever...

    ReplyDelete