Saturday, December 5, 2009

Living Waters

During our times of prayer, we can share with God just the way we share it with a dearest friend. He can listen and emphathize like a good friend, guide like a teacher, take care or provide like a father and also be a wonderful counselor. No one can fulfill our deepest longings and thirsts like the way Jesus does.

Every human being will have deepest longings and thirsts in life which they try to satisfy through various things such as relationships, achievements, doing stuff or going places etc. But these things will not satisfy a person's deep longings or thirsts. They can be satisfied only by the Good Shepherd...

For Jesus said,
John 7:37-38 (New International Version)
37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

The Lord knows our heart and he will fulfill all our righteous desires. He will also fill our hearts with living waters which will satisfy our deep longings and thirsts.

1 comment:

  1. I was reminded of this song as i was reading this devotional, it is very relevant...

    Living waters flow on
    Sweep away my pain
    Bring your healing to my heart
    Help me love once again

    Cares and worries get me down
    Fear of failure fills my day
    When I’m lost and all alone
    Help me Lord to find Your way

    People knocking at my door
    Strangers seeking love and care
    Never let me turn them down
    Teach me gently how to share

    Children come into my life
    With their laughter and their song
    When will I become like them
    Teach me Lord to sing along

    Living waters flow on
    Sweep away my pain
    Bring your healing to my heart
    Help me love once again.

    ReplyDelete