Friday, September 4, 2009

How are we living?

Psalms 139:1-4 (NIV)
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

How many of us live like the Psalmist with a powerful realization that confirms the above truth ? It is very essential for us as God's children to be careful about what we speak, the way we respond to people and situations, the way we make choices and take decisions etc, for we have a God who is watching over us - Our holy Shepherd.

We are to give account for how we live and for what we are... We cannot opt to live without a holy fear...

Hebrews 4:13 (New International Version)
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

3 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful that most of the times what u write and what I read from the bible the very same day match. So God plants the same thought into our minds regularly. This is what I read today, that we can never escape from God's sight. He watches everything and knows everything. So let's live with that fear in our hearts.
    God bless u always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing in the Lord ehh... Not easy, God knows our inner thoughts...

    Pretty seriour stuff, to grow in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difficult but not impossible by the grace of God..!

    ReplyDelete