Monday, September 28, 2009

His faithfulness...

Often I have wondered whether I weary the Lord with my prayer list. Day after day our prayer lists never decrease, we go on and on with our needs and petitions. How would we feel if we have someone at our door always needing of something? Wouldn't we at some point feel tired of meeting those needs or answering the door?

Though God is not us, and He is full of love and compassion for His children, I wondered how God felt about this. I found a very consoling word in the Bible which changed my whole perspective.

Lamentations 3:22, 23 (NASB)

(v.22) The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. (v.23) They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.

The word that His compassions are new every morning gave my heart a great solace. We can go to our heavenly Father without any hestitation. Great is His faithfulness indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment