Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Christ Control...

Rom 7: 19, 20 (NIV)

(v.19) For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
(v.20) Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Like Apostle Paul each one of us struggle with some kind of weakness of the flesh or sin though we may not want to do it. For instance, I hate to use slang words when angry with my kid, but many a time it comes as a slip of the tongue and I call her names or whack her. Afterwards I feel bad for having done so and I repent. I keep feeling bad the whole day for not behaving Christ-like...

Sometimes we lie easily, we easily use slang , manipulate easily with others and keep committing wrong in many forms of sin. We don't take this big for we consider them as small sins... Yet sin is a sin.

I have prayed for many days for self control, so that I can be rid of calling names... I pray everyday for more of patience, tolerance, gentleness and self-control, to handle my weakness of the flesh. Each one of us may have different forms of weakness of the flesh and may be trying our best to get rid of it.

The best way is to pray desperately for fruit of the Spirit to take root and grow in us. The Spirit of the Lord will surely work in us and help us to get trained in our minds so that we may have the fruit of the Spirit cultivated in us. And for sure will get the carnal nature out and the new being come into us which is Christ-like. The only criteria is... we need to keep praying and changing until we become renewed in Him.

Ephesians 4:24 (NIV)
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, wonderful devotional here. Thanks for reminding us that inspite of being children of God we commit sins and that with daily fervent prayers, God will definitely help us overcome each n everyone of them and renew us completely.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailing in the same boat... only God could help us overcome such weakness.

    My prayer is for God to treat my like that of gold in refining fire... cause the end result i wish is to become worthy for His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete