Monday, July 13, 2009

Relishing His love

I had always wondered whether I loved the Lord well? Truly speaking I found that I had not. I only concluded that I could not love Him better, though that had been my prayer for years . I couldn't focus on just loving Him, worshipping Him on a steady basis. As years passed by it dawned on me that I failed to see His love for me. Only when I was able to comprehend His love for me did I realize that I was able to love Him expressively. My love for Him was a response to His love for me. I understood that I need not try hard to love Him but only need to live in the realization of His love for me. That was all which was required and my love would just overflow...
1 John 4:19 (NIV)
We love Him because He first loved us

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rads for these words. I had the same realization last night. I don't have to try and Love GOD. I just need to realize his Love for me. I realized God will Love me no matter what and he would Love me whole heartedly. This realization will enough for me to Love him back.

    Praise God for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I always say, "God's Love to me is wonderful".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said… In definition, words cannot limit our understanding of His love for us… Our experience of His love is what that triggers our Love for Him.

    'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. But this happens when the love of God Overflows in us…in our Heart, in our Soul and in our Mind…

    Praise God

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of its very nice to see gospel thoughts around. i have been touched by these thoughts..keep writing for the glory of the LORD

    ReplyDelete