Thursday, April 1, 2010

Standing at the Cross

Tomorrow being Good Friday, many have different ways to look at it. Some who don't even relate to Him in reality, pity that Jesus suffered and died on the Cross. Some assume that they should be sad because it was the day when Jesus was crucified ( who live a life indifferent to His death and suffering...)

But the truth is we are to stand at the foot of the cross and know deep down within the heart, that His sufferings and His ultimate death was for our sins and on our behalf.

Isaiah 53:5 (New American Standard Bible)
But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.

If we are to really feel for what God accomplished for us on the cross, then we are to stand in awe and gratitude of what He did for us. If we are to demonstrate this gratitude and show Him love in return, then it is not by fasting or eating broth that we demonstrate that. But we make a solid determination to live a sinless and blameless life by receiving the grace He would provide. We need to truly repent and turn away from all sins and make a decision to live for Him. That accomplishes the meaning of Good Friday...

May we fall prostrate at His feet and humbly accept all that He accomplished for us on the Cross- forgiveness, healing, well-being, prosperity, deliverance, redemption and eternal life.

Prayer:
Lord, I stand in awe of you at the foot of the Cross. You died that I might live. Now this life which you offer me freely I want to receive. Forgive me of my sins and wash me with your blood. Make me new that I may be new in you and live for you by your grace.

I am gratefully yours forever
Your chosen child

No comments:

Post a Comment